Saksham – The Entrepreneurship Cell of IIM Udaipur in association with TIE Udaipur, Quikr andMediguest organised the third edition of ‘Prarambh – The 32 Hour Startup Challenge’ from 19th to 21st of February 2016 in IIM Udaipur campus. The event saw participation from 67 students and working professionals, who were shortlisted from a pool of close to 180 applicants hailing from different parts of the country. This event is in line with Saksham’s vision of igniting a spark within the student and startup community to take up innovative ideas and bring them to fruition.
Prarambh follows a format in which a few participants pitch their ideas, from which a select few are chosen through a voting process; the winning idea pitchers ask other participants to join their teams and then start the 32 hour long marathon which spans over a period of two days at the end of which the teams are required to have brainstormed and developed a Minimum Viable Product which could be an app, a working device or just a model having enough data to explain the functioning of the pitched product.
Prarambh at IIM Udaipur
The participants were mentored by some eminent personalities from the start up world like Mr. Anup Jalan – Entrepreneur, Strategic Advisor, Start-up Mentor,Mr. Sumit Mehrra – CEO at the Green Umbrella Investment Advisory Pvt. Ltd., Mr. Rajan Tawate – Startup Tech/Agile Mentor, Mr. Rajiv Mukherjee – CEO at Incubate-Hub, Mr. Ravi Devulapally – CEO of Edvanta Solutions, Mr. Annkur P Agarwal – Co-founder, Clerk-2-CEO Pricebaba and Mr. Gaurav Mantri – Founder & Head of Technology at Cynapta. The mentors guided the competing teams with their expertise in technology and business. They also used their vast experience in the industry to help the teams to foresee any future challenges and hurdles that would arise when the prototypes would be launched in the markets.
The event was judged by another set of distinguished personalities who have had a diverse experience in the corporate world like Mr. Rajesh Sharma – Director BCCL & National Head of Spring Board Ventures, Mr. Tarun Agrawal – Manager-Portfolio Operations & Investments in Startup Oasis (Initiative of CIIE & RIICO) and Mr. Arun Singhal – Owner of Enrichmentors.
The event turned out to be a fruitful opportunity for both the participants and the judges & mentors to learn from and network with people with similar interests and visions.
Posted in In News: Events & Happenings, Uncategorized
- Tagged B-School, Business, Cynapta, eduvanta solutions, Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship Club, Gaurav Mantri, IIMU, Indian Institute of Management Udaipur, Management Education, mediguest, Prarambh, pricebaba, Quikr, Saksham, startup oasis
Saksham – The entrepreneurship-cell of IIM Udaipur, in association with TIE presents Prarambh 2015. Prarambh is a 32-hour start-up challenge, in which a team of participants (max. 10) will have to create a minimum viable product (MVP).
Over this span of 32 hours, mentors will critically advice the participants to better their prototypes. The mentors for Prarambh 2015 are –
- Aditee Rele – Lead – Technical Evangelism-Microsoft
- Gaurav Mantri – Founder & Head of Technology at Cynapta
- Dilip Kumar – Co-Founder & CEO –Inolyst
- Tathagat Varma – Founder, Thought Leadership
- Rajiv Agarwal – Co-founder Intelli Organics
- Ramesh Loganathan – VP (Products) & Center Head, Progress Software- Hyderabad Labs
- Ashish Bhatnagar – Founder of Croissance Consulting Pvt Ltd
Participants of the Event
- Early professionals and students from premier institutes across India
- Startup enthusiasts who want to meet Venture Capitalists for raising funds
- Entrepreneurs who are looking for a good team for their startups
- Designers and Tech-experts who want to join an idea
- Entrepreneurs who want to build networks
- People who want to learn how to start a company
What’s in it for the Participants
- Aspiring entrepreneurs can use it as a platform to try out their ideas
- Continuous mentoring from Entrepreneurs and Professionals
- Exposure to Angel Investors and Venture Capitalists
- Opportunity to interact with young minds from diverse backgrounds
- Two days of highly engaging working experience with exciting new teams
- Incubation opportunities for Winners
- Exciting prizes to be won for all participants
- Date: 20th, 21st and 22nd of Feb, 2015
- Time: 19:00 hrs. onwards
- Venue: IIM Udaipur
Once the 32 hours are up, the teams will be presenting their prototypes and will be judged by a panel of experts. The exhilaration of pitching their idea as well as the thrill of working in diverse teams and being mentored by distinguished entrepreneurs is what brings young entrepreneurs to IIM Udaipur each year. The industry stalwarts who have agreed to judge Prarambh 2015 are –
- Shailesh Vikram Singh – Investment manager with SeedFund
- Rajneesh Bhandari – Director, Cosmo Infrasolutions, President TiE Rajasthan, Executive Committee– Rajasthan Angel Investors Network (RAIN)
- Pranay Chulet – Founder and CEO of Quikr India Private Limited
Other associate sponsors who are supporting Prarambh 2015 are Quikr, Microsoft Ventures and State Bank of India.
Technology Mentor – Advaiya Labs | Dinner Partner – Hotel Manwar | Hospitality Partner – Hotel Ambience | Merchandise Partner – Blisstasy | Food Partner – Egg Station | Networking partner – NEN | Print Sponsors – Choudhary Printers | Other Sponsors – Allahabad Bank, Applied Info Services
For more details log on to –
Posted in In News: Events & Happenings
- Tagged 32 hours, Committee, Croissance Consulting Pvt Ltd, Cynapta, Entrepreneurship, Hyderabad Labs, IIM, IIMU, Indian Institute of Management Udaipur, Inolyst, Intelli Organics, Microsoft, Minimum Viable Product, Prarambh, Quikr, Rajasthan Angel Investors Network, SeedFund, Thought Leadership, TiE, TiE Rajasthan, Ventures