Saksham – The entrepreneurship-cell of IIM Udaipur, in association with TIE presents Prarambh 2015. Prarambh is a 32-hour start-up challenge, in which a team of participants (max. 10) will have to create a minimum viable product (MVP).
Over this span of 32 hours, mentors will critically advice the participants to better their prototypes. The mentors for Prarambh 2015 are –
- Aditee Rele – Lead – Technical Evangelism-Microsoft
- Gaurav Mantri – Founder & Head of Technology at Cynapta
- Dilip Kumar – Co-Founder & CEO –Inolyst
- Tathagat Varma – Founder, Thought Leadership
- Rajiv Agarwal – Co-founder Intelli Organics
- Ramesh Loganathan – VP (Products) & Center Head, Progress Software- Hyderabad Labs
- Ashish Bhatnagar – Founder of Croissance Consulting Pvt Ltd
Participants of the Event
- Early professionals and students from premier institutes across India
- Startup enthusiasts who want to meet Venture Capitalists for raising funds
- Entrepreneurs who are looking for a good team for their startups
- Designers and Tech-experts who want to join an idea
- Entrepreneurs who want to build networks
- People who want to learn how to start a company
What’s in it for the Participants
- Aspiring entrepreneurs can use it as a platform to try out their ideas
- Continuous mentoring from Entrepreneurs and Professionals
- Exposure to Angel Investors and Venture Capitalists
- Opportunity to interact with young minds from diverse backgrounds
- Two days of highly engaging working experience with exciting new teams
- Incubation opportunities for Winners
- Exciting prizes to be won for all participants
- Date: 20th, 21st and 22nd of Feb, 2015
- Time: 19:00 hrs. onwards
- Venue: IIM Udaipur
Once the 32 hours are up, the teams will be presenting their prototypes and will be judged by a panel of experts. The exhilaration of pitching their idea as well as the thrill of working in diverse teams and being mentored by distinguished entrepreneurs is what brings young entrepreneurs to IIM Udaipur each year. The industry stalwarts who have agreed to judge Prarambh 2015 are –
- Shailesh Vikram Singh – Investment manager with SeedFund
- Rajneesh Bhandari – Director, Cosmo Infrasolutions, President TiE Rajasthan, Executive Committee– Rajasthan Angel Investors Network (RAIN)
- Pranay Chulet – Founder and CEO of Quikr India Private Limited
Other associate sponsors who are supporting Prarambh 2015 are Quikr, Microsoft Ventures and State Bank of India.
Technology Mentor – Advaiya Labs | Dinner Partner – Hotel Manwar | Hospitality Partner – Hotel Ambience | Merchandise Partner – Blisstasy | Food Partner – Egg Station | Networking partner – NEN | Print Sponsors – Choudhary Printers | Other Sponsors – Allahabad Bank, Applied Info Services
For more details log on to –
Posted in In News: Events & Happenings
- Tagged 32 hours, Committee, Croissance Consulting Pvt Ltd, Cynapta, Entrepreneurship, Hyderabad Labs, IIM, IIMU, Indian Institute of Management Udaipur, Inolyst, Intelli Organics, Microsoft, Minimum Viable Product, Prarambh, Quikr, Rajasthan Angel Investors Network, SeedFund, Thought Leadership, TiE, TiE Rajasthan, Ventures
MarClan – The Marketing Club of IIM Udaipur organized the first Guest Speaker Session for this year of its continuing series, ColloquiuM!. The talk in this session was delivered by Mr. Romi Mahajan. Mr. Mahajan is a world renowned Marketing and Creative Thought Leader. His credentials include working as a Director of Sales and Strategy for Digital Marketing Platform Group at Microsoft and Founder-President of KKM Group et al. He was accompanied by Mr. Kshitij Jain of Advaiya Solutions Pvt. Ltd..
Mr. Mahajan spoke extensively on the topic “The Marketing Panorama – Reclaiming Marketing from ROI Zealtory“. Coined to what he called as “The ROMI TRAP”, he elaborated on how companies’ drive towards measuring and quantifying the return on marketing investment and advent of new mediums and platforms like digital and social media have been cannibalising the culture of Marketing. According to him the intuition and creativity which led to many successful and innovative marketing strategies/campaigns formulation have been compromised by the use of pseudo-science in modifying the techniques of Marketing.
The session was an interactive one and the students in attendance put in some really interesting aspects to the discussion throwing concepts backed up with examples from real world. The effects of advertisements in marketing communications as they were showcased in the traditional media in the television, their nostalgia factor and the social/digital media wave using that to encash the same effects simply took the discussions to stratum.
The various Clubs and Committees at IIMU keep on organizing such sessions round the year to aid students in picking up the nuances of management from the industry that the speakers represent in addition to the subjects’ knowledge gained in the academic curriculum pedagogy.
Posted in In News: Events & Happenings
- Tagged Academic Curriculum, Advaiya Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Blog, Campaigns, Clubs, ColloquiuM!, Committees, Communication, CreativITy, Digital Marketing, Digital Marketing Platform, Director, Discussions, Facebook, IIM, IIM Udaipur, IIMU, India, Indian Institute of Management Udaipur, Innovation, Integrated, Interaction, Intuition, Janat Shah, KKM Group, Linkedin, Management, MarClan - The Marketing Club of IIM Udaipur, Marketing, Marketing Panorama, Medium, Microsoft, Mr. Romi Mahajan, Pedagogy, Pseudo-Science, Rajasthan, Reclaiming Marketing, Return on Marketing Investment, ROI Zealtory, Sales, Social Media, Speaker, Speaker Session, Strategy, Talks, The ROMI TRAP, Thought Leader, Traditional Media, Twitter, Udaipur, Wordpress, Youtube